SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
If you are interested in getting updates about any changes and developments in CIS registration system and requirements, subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you posted. We promise to stick to regulatory issues and you will never receive any commercials, promotions and stuff like that. News will be sent approximately once per one-two month.
The draft of Technical Regulation on the safety of plant protection products of the Republic of Kazakhstan was published
January 17, 2020, Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan published a draft Technical Regulation on the safety of plant protection products (pesticides).
In comparison to the Technical Regulations adopted in 2008, the regulations of 2020 contain significant changes, namely:
- toxic chemicals are excluded from the concept of “pesticides”, which is most likely to entail the separation of these concepts in the new rules for the registration of plant protection products;
- technical regulation applies to legal entities and individuals involved in pesticides, whether it is production, sale, transportation, disposal, etc .;
- changed, reduced/added terminology;
- added labelling requirements for pesticides;
- added links to specific articles;
- added rules on the proper use of pesticides;
- added physical and chemical safety indicators for pesticides, a logbook when working with them, the list of standards of the Technical Regulations was also updated;
- the main emphasis is placed on the mandatory return by the supplier (manufacturer, importer, seller) of containers from pesticides (including used), but it is not indicated where it is necessary to return the used container; it is noted that the return of containers should be made at the expense of the "owner", but the term of the "owner" is not disclosed.
Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan has a month to collect proposals for this project, after which the amendments will be adopted.