SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
If you are interested in getting updates about any changes and developments in CIS registration system and requirements, subscribe to our newsletter and we will keep you posted. We promise to stick to regulatory issues and you will never receive any commercials, promotions and stuff like that. News will be sent approximately once per one-two month.
Electronic procedure for registration of pesticides and agrochemicals is introduced in Ukraine
The Ukrainian government has improved procedures related to conducting state tests and state registration for Plant Protection Products.
As was reported by the press service of the Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection, corresponding changes were made to the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 4, 1996 No. 295.
The implementation of the decision improves the procedures associated with conducting state tests and state registration of pesticides and agrochemicals.
Here are main innovations introduced in Ukraine:
- Fair rules for laboratory access to testing. The goal is to establish transparent and understandable system of lab’s authority to conduct state tests.
- The principles of electronic document management are being introduced. All data will be stored in a single electronic state register of pesticides. Paper form of the registration will be cancelled.
- The protection of intellectual property rights is strengthened. The procedures for dealing with unscrupulous applicants and the system for protecting intellectual property rights are being improved.
- The mechanism of product re-registration is simplified, which will reduce timing of some procedures from a year to few days.
- Ukrainian legislation is being harmonized with EU standards, for example, by introducing the concept and criteria of “minor changes” and simplifying the form of environmental assessment expert conclusion.
Link to the document: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/295-96-п